A DUI Defense Attorney Who Fights For Your Rights And Freedom
Drunk driving is one of the most commonly charged crimes in Florida, but that doesn’t mean it is treated lightly. Depending on the circumstances, DUI/DWI conviction can result in jail time, fines, installation of an ignition interlock device and other harsh consequences. It also results in a criminal record, which has its own consequences for your future employment and housing eligibility.
If you are facing DUI/DWI charges, it is important to seek the help of a skilled DUI defense firm like Cantor & Cantor. Our attorney brings 15 years of criminal defense experience to each case. He has helped countless clients throughout Southwest Florida, and he can help you, too.
Factors That Will Influence Your Charges
The charges you face and the potential sentence associated with conviction will depend on the several important details of your case. These include:
- Whether it was a first-offense DUI or a repeat offense
- What your blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) was, according to breathalyzer test results
- Whether you took a breathalyzer test when asked or refused it
- Whether you were involved in a car accident or caused bodily injury/death to someone else
- Whether there were other aggravating factors, such as a minor passenger in the car at the time of arrest
Not all DUI cases are routine and charged in the same way. It is critical to speak with an experienced attorney right away to better understand what you’re up against and what your legal options may be.
It Is Possible To Successfully Defend Against DUI Charges
You may assume that taking a plea deal is the best result you can hope for. That may be true in some cases, but certainly not always. A skilled attorney like Zack Cantor may be able to help you challenge the charges based on:
- Problems with the way tests were administered
- Assertions of faulty breathalyzers and other equipment problems
- Assertions that the police officer did not have a valid reason to pull you over in the first place
- Challenging evidence of field sobriety tests based on medical conditions that could have caused you to fail
- Any deviation from officer protocol that could have tainted the interaction or violated your rights
Our firm thoroughly combs through the details of your DUI arrest to determine all possible challenges to the charges.
Contact Us Today For A Free Discussion About Your Case
Cantor & Cantor serves clients throughout Southwest Florida. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us in Fort Myers at 239-494-3164, or reach us online.